Limit Order (with subtypes)
Modified on Thu, 6 Dec, 2018 at 10:12
Limit order: execution of a trade at a specified price or better (limit price). To buy - at the limit price or lower, to sell - at the limit price or higher.
- Good-Till-Canceled - lasts until the order is completed or canceled.
- Day - automatically expires if not executed on the day the order was placed. A day ends at 00:00 UTC time.
- Good-Till-Date/Time - automatically expires at the specified date and time.
- Fill-Or-Kill - must be executed immediately in its entirety; otherwise the entire order will be cancelled (i.e., no partial execution of the order is allowed).
- Immediate-Or-Cancel - must be executed immediately. Any part of an IOC order that cannot be filled immediately will be canceled.
To find out how to cancel your order proceed to How to cancel my orders?